JEE-Main 2020 Guide On New Exam Pattern
Details of New Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2020 Exams
NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts JEE entrance exam twice in a year. JEE exam is for admission to B.E./B.Tech., B.Arch. and B. Planning courses. This year NTA has changed exam pattern of JEE-Main. Now, JEE- Main 2020 will also have questions whose answers will be the numerical value (along with MCQ questions). Candidate can appear in one or both the exams as bests of the two exam marks will be finally considered for the merit list. Based on the performance in JEE (Main), admissions are done in NIT, IIT, and CFTI. The candidates willing to take admission in IIT has to appear in JEE advance exam. Visit www.jeemain.nic.in or sabakuch.com for details.
|On-line submission of Application Form||03.09.2019 to 30.09.2019 (up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Successful transaction of fee||03.09.2019 to 01.10.2019 (through Debit/Credit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service)|
|Dates of Examination||Between 06.01.2020 (Monday) to 11.01.2020(Saturday)|
|Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 31.01.2020|
MODE OF EXAMINATION:
There are three types of courses for admission:
- B.E./B. Tech.
- B. Arch.
- B. Planning
For the admission to any of the above courses, there will be a separate exam of CBT (Computer Based Test) type. The drawing part of B. Arch will be Pen & Paper-based.
AGE LIMIT AND ELIGIBILITY:
For appearing in JEE main exam, there is no age limit. Minimum qualification is passing of 12th or equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020, irrespective of their age. Candidates with at least 75% marks or in top 20 percentile in 12th class/ Equivalent are eligible for admission. For SC/ST candidates qualifying marks is 65% in 12th class.
MEDIUM OF QUESTION PAPER:
The medium of question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
The medium is specified at the time of filling of the Application form and can not be changed later on.
NEW EXAMINATION PATTERN (2020) B.E./B. Tech.:
|1||Dates of Examination||Between 06.01.2020 (Monday) to 11.01.2020 (Saturday)|
|2||Subject wise distribution of Questions, Total Number of Questions and Marks||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|*20 questions will be MCQs and 5 questions will have the answer to be filled as a numerical value.|
|4||Marking Scheme for MCQs||Correct Answer||Four Marks (+4)|
|Incorrect Answer||Minus One mark (-1)|
|Unanswered/ Marked for review||No Mark (0)|
|5||Marking Scheme for questions for which answer is a Numerical value||Correct Answer||Four Marks (+4)|
|Incorrect Answer/ Unanswered/Mark for review||No Mark (0)|
|6||Method of determining merit||Raw score in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Total will be converted into NTA scores. Overall merit shall be prepared by merging NTA scores of all shifts of all days.|
|Merit for tie marks||Tie between candidates obtaining equal Total NTA scores in B.E./ B.Tech, will be resolved in following descending order: ▪ NTA score in Mathematics
▪ NTA score in Physics
▪ NTA score in Chemistry
▪ Candidates having a lesser number of negative responses in the paper
▪ Candidates older in Age
- JEE main is one of the most difficult entrance exams in India. Not only the hard-working but a study in a planned manner is necessary for best performance.
- There will be 5 questions in each subject whose answer will be in numeric form i.e. 0 to 9. This shows the difficulty level becomes more. However there are no negative marks for the wrong answer of numeric type, so students must attempt these questions.
- On the other hand, 20 questions will be of MCQ type in each subject. The wrong answer in MCQ type will lead to one negative marking, so students must be very careful while answering these questions.
- There may be many students with the same total marks. The merit for these tie cases will be decided giving priority on Math, then physics, then Chemistry as indicated in the above table. So high scoring in math will be of advantage.
During the preparation on subjects, students are advised to practice on e-mock papers. E mock papers along with information are available on sabakuch.com. There are free as well as paid sets on sabakuch.com. Practicing on e-mock papers will certainly improve scoring in final exams.