HSSC PGT Exam (2019-20) Preparation, Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Mock Test
Are you preparing for the HSSC PGT exam? Do you want to crack the exam and work in Haryana? Today we will guide you about HSSC PGT exam preparation tips, syllabus, exam pattern, etc.
Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) has released a notice regarding the reopening of the recruitment of Post Graduate Teachers. All candidates who wish to build their carrier as Teachers have a can apply under the Haryana Staff Selection Commission.
HSSC PGT Exam Preparation-
HSSC PGT exam preparation is different from the regular exam. Regular college exams are commonly made for everyone to score good marks, but competitive exams are different. So you must know how to clear the HSSC PGT exam. HSSC exams are not so much different from SSC exams which may be on the graduate level, secondary or senior secondary level.
HSSC PGT Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern-
To clear any competitive exam, it is very important to know the exam pattern and complete syllabus. Because after having complete knowledge about exam pattern & syllabus your chances increase to clear the exam.
We have provided here the explanation of the exam pattern of the HSSC PGT Exam 2019. It will comprise of total 100 marks which are subdivided into two parts:
Written Exam (90 Marks):
- 75% weightage for General Awareness, Reasoning, Mathematics, Science, Computer, English, Hindi, Relevant subject as post applied for.
- 25% weightage for History, Current Affairs, Literature, Geography, Civics, Environment, Culture of Haryana.
Socio-economic Criteria and Experience (10 Marks):
The Marks for socio-economic criteria and experience shall be allotted as follows –
- If neither the applicant nor any person from the applicant’s family i.e Father, Mother, Brother, Spouse, and Son is, was or has been a regular employee in any department, board, corporation, company, statutory body, commission, the authority of State or any other State Government or Government of India. (5 Marks)
- If the applicant is;
- A widow; or
- The first or the second child and his father has died before attaining the age of 42 years; or
- The first or the second child and his father has died before the applicant had attained the age of 15 years; (5 Marks)
- If the applicant belongs to such a denotified tribe (Vimukt Jatis and Tapriwas Jatis) or Nomadic tribe of the state which is neither a Scheduled Caste nor a backward caste. (5 Marks)
- 0.5 marks for each year or part thereof exceeding six months of experience’ out of a maximum of sixteen years, on the same or a higher post in any Department/ Board/ corporation/ company/ statutory Body/ commission/Authority of Government of Haryana. No marks shall be awarded for any period of fewer than six months. (Maximum 8 marks)
Note: No applicant shall be given more than 10 marks for Socio-economic Criteria and Experience under any circumstances.
HSSC PGT Exam Syllabus:
· Current Events – National & International
· Culture & Heritage – India & Haryana
· Geography – India & Haryana
· General Polity
· History – India & Haryana
· Science & Technology
· Economy – India
· Environmental Studies
· Current Affairs – National & International
Mathematics (Quantitative Aptitude)
· Problems on Ages
· Profit and Loss
· Time & Work
· Time & Distance
· Pipes & Cisterns
· Boats & Streams
· Environmental Studies
· Biology etc
· General Science
· Fill in the blanks
· One Word Substitution
· Error Detection
· Cloze Test
· Transformation of Sentences
General Intelligence (LR)
· Arithmetical number series
· Arithmetical Reasoning
· Decision making
· Relationship concepts
· Space visualization
· Verbal and figure classification etc
· Visual memory
- एक स्तब्ध
- विलोम शब्द
· Database (introduction)
· Communication (Basic Introduction)
· Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN)
· Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)
· Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
· MS Windows & MS Office
· Logic Gates
· Number System
· History of Computers
· C Programming
History, Current Affairs, Literature, Geography, Civics, Environment, Culture, etc.
(NOTE: There are also subject-specific questions as per the post applied. Applicants must also practice subject-specific questions separately)
HSSC PGT Exam Preparation Tips:
If you are dedicated, if you could devote yourself to your aim, and you have patience then nothing will stop you to clear the exam. Here we are mentioning a few important tips which you should follow;
- Wake up early in the Morning: Always wake up early in the morning and so some exercise in the fresh air. This boosts your stamina and mental health and you will be abler to concentrate on your studies throughout the day.
- Time Management: For any exam preparation time management is very important. Time is very precious so don’t waste it on social media, hangouts with friends and watching TV, etc. during your preparation period. Make a timetable for study and other works and some time for your mental rest. Give more time of the day to your study and divide the rest of the time for your other works accordingly.
- Take Help of the Internet: If you are facing a problem in understanding any topic then you can take the help of the internet. Everything is available on the internet. You can watch YouTube videos for related subjects of a topic or there are lots of articles and blogs available on the internet for online study.
- Practice Mock Test: Practice makes everything perfect. This is the most important part of any exam preparation. Aspirants should not ignore this in the preparation process. Mock Tests are helpful in many ways.
It helps you manage time during examination.
The mock test gives you a feel of the real exam.
It provides you statics of exam i.e. right questions, wrong questions, time is taken, etc.
It helps you to improve your speed and accuracy.
Follow all the above tips and grab the opportunity. All the best to all aspirants for the exam.